Monday 8 December 2014

Questionnare results

Upon deciding on our group idea, we carried out both qualitative & quantitative research. This is because we were able to refine our ideas to cater to our target audience. We then constructed the data in the form of a pie chart.
Key:
Highlighted Green - Popular Data
Highlighted Red - Not as Popular Data

Quantitative:





Qualitative 
We asked 3 people questions that could influence our final product.

Questions
What is your preferred genre & why?

Person 1: My favourite is crime genre because I enjoy attempting to solve the crime as the show progresses.

Peson 2: I really like thriller as I enjoy non stop action as it is entertaining.

Person 3: I really enjoy crime genre since I like the lead up to the reveal of the villain.

Due to this information, we decided to make our media project based on the crime genre.



What makes a good opening to a film of the crime genre?

Person 1: I like slow build ups. Then I like there to be a cliff hanger as it makes me want to watch more.

Person 2: I think that a good opening effectively establishes the main protagonist. I like it when there is clear elements of foreshadowing to showcase the villain like when bad things happen and the face is never revealed - only things like hands, feet, etc.

Person 3:  I like when the villain plays a large role with clear elements of screen time. I like having a visual insight as to what he/she is up to but still retaining the mystery aspect of it all.  

From this research, we decided to show elements of antagonist in the opening whilst still retaining his identity. Perhaps have a monologue from the protagonist to give a bit of his back-story to the audience (like the movie "Snatch").

Do you prefer a solo cop, crime fighting partners or a whole team of cops?


Person 1: I like to see the dynamic of a team and see how they tackle a crime. However, the character development is usually lacking unless it is series based like CSI or Criminal Minds.

Person 2: I'm more into the partner in crime choice. I'm a huge fan of DC Comics & I love seeing the bond between characters like Batman & Robin, or Commissioner Gordon & Harvey Bullock.

Person 3: I prefer partners as usually a strong amount of trust is required to solve a case. I think it's interesting to see just how much they become reliant on one another & at what lengths they'll go to ensure both the safety of each other whilst solving the case.

As a result, we'll make the protagonists of the production be two crime fighting partners. We'll take inspiration form Commissioner Gordon & Harvey Bullock from the hit crime show "Gotham."



No comments:

Post a Comment